Pressure cookers are excellent when it comes to whipping up a delicious meal in no time at all. In this article, we will share some delicious Fagor pressure cooker recipes for your kitchen and your family to enjoy.
1. Tortilla Soup (Serves 8 – 10)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 diced onions
- 4 peeled garlic cloves
- 1 can tomatoes, drained (15 ounces)
- 3 quarts chicken broth
- 1 pound of grated cheese
- chopped cilantro
- tortilla chips
- lime wedges
- In oil, sauté your onions and garlic cloves in your pressure cooker until golden brown. Remove and place in a blender with your tomatoes. When smooth, return to the pressure cooker and add broth.
- Heat this to boiling. Lock your lid in place and then bring to pressure. Lower the heat and allow to sit for about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and then allow pressure to drop using either the automatic release method or fast release method.
- Add cilantro and salt to taste. In separate bowls, place tortillas and cheese. Pour hot soup on top and enjoy. Serve with lime wedges.
2. Simple Beef Pot Roast (Serves 2 – 3)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1.5 lb pot roast
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 1.5 cups beef stock or water
- Add canola oil to your pressure cooker and slip in the pot roast. Brown each side. Move the roast to the trivet, and season with salt and pepper. Add water/stock, your bay leaf, and your chopped onion.
- Lock lid into place and then bring to pressure. Lower the heat and cook for 35 minutes. Once the time is up, release pressure using natural release. Remove the lid.
- If the meat is not tender, lock the lid in place and bring to pressure, cooking for an additional 5 minutes.
3. Lemon and Garlic Lamb Stew (Serves 4)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 lb lamb meat in 2-inch slices. Include some bone
- freshly ground pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 6 tablespoons chicken stock
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- Heat olive oil in the pressure cooker. Add lamb meat and brown this well. Season with salt and pepper, and then stir in your garlic. Add stock and lemon juice.
- Lock the lid into place and, over medium heat, bring to pressure. Lower heat and cook for 20 minutes.
- Allow pressure to drop using either the automatic release method or fast release method. Remove lid. Enjoy!
4. Herb “Roasted” Chicken (Serves 4)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 lbs chicken meat in pieces
- 3 sliced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1.25 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon rosemary (fresh)
- 1 tablespoon chopped sage (fresh)
- hot and cooked brown or white rice
- In a pressure cooker, add oil and brown your chicken on all sides.
- Take out chicken and saute onions until they are golden brown. Add in your chicken, chicken stock, herbs, salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Lock lid in place. Bring to pressure, and then lower the heat. Cook for 15 minutes. Release pressure using the automatic release method or the fast release method.
- Remove lid and serve with white or brown rice.
5. Fast-Cooking Custard (Serves 4)
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Scald milk then allow to cool slightly. Add sugar and eggs. Add milk slowly while constantly stirring. Add vanilla.
- Pour this into individual custard cups. Cover using aluminum foil.
- Add water to your pressure cooker. Add trivet and steamer basket. Place cups into the steamer basket.
- Lock lid in place and add pressure. Lower heat and cook for 3 minutes using high pressure. Drop pressure using the fast release or automatic release method and chill before enjoying.