There are many pressure cooker recipes that can become a part of your healthy diet as this technique of cooking tends to preserves the aromas (and hence the true flavors) of the ingredients you’ve used. Along with that, it makes the raw foods more juicy, not to mention the amount of time it saves you in the kitchen.
Below are 15 of the most popular pressure cooking recipes that will make a great meal for your family any day.
1. Mushroom Risotto in Pressure Cooker – delicious and filling risotto for vegan food lovers, takes 15-20 minutes to cook.
2. Lamb Shanks With Garlic and Port Wine – flavorful dish with tender meat, takes only 30 mins to cook in a pressure cooker instead of 2 hours in case of regular cooking.
3. Hungarian Chicken – be it any kind of chicken, bone-in or boneless – takes 35-40 minutes to cook.
4. Lentil Soup – nutritious, stick-to-ribs beans soup, cooks in 20-30 minutes.
5. Spareribs with Barbecue Sauce – cook for 15 minutes at about 15 pounds pressure.
6. Butternut, Chard & White Bean Soup – fiber-rich soup, cooks in about 45 minutes.
7. Corned Beef and Cabbage – another healthy dish, takes 1 hour and 15 minutes to prepare.
8. Chicken Piccata – lemon-flavored Italian dish served with sauteed green beans, basil and topped with toasted slivered almonds, takes 40-45 minutes to cook.
9. Savory Pot Roast – pressure cooker makes this classic even better, cooked in 1 hour and 20 minutes.
10. Potato Leek Pea Soup – for a quick dose of fresh veggies, takes about 15 minutes to prepare in a pressure cooker.
11. Carnitas – great to be served with tortillas or tacos, takes close to 1.5 hours to pressure cook.
12. Jamaican Oxtail with Broad Beans – for beef oxtail lovers, this Jamaican dish will take you 1 hour and 15 minutes to prepare.
13. Italian Chicken Soup- prepared with chickpeas, fresh spinach and parsley leaves in just 50 minutes.
14. Sausage, Kale, and White Bean Soup – soak navy beans in water overnight (or for 8 hours to be precise) and you can prepare this nutrient rich soup within 1 hour and 15 minutes with the help of a pressure.
15. Teriyaki Chicken – cook this in just 40 minutes and serve hot with rice or spaghetti.
Who said pressure cooked meals aren’t delicious? If you’ve not tried pressure cookers in your kitchen yet, maybe you should give it a thought. If you are good at experimenting in the kitchen, you can probably put your own twist to the recipes we have shared and surprise your family with flavorful dishes in almost no time. Happy pressure cooking!